“Understanding of each other”
“A highly respected school, locally and internationally recognised, providing excellent education in a multicultural setting that produces responsible global citizens”
“To provide an internationally diverse school experience that instills an understanding of each other, promotes holistic development, life skills and learning through a rigorous curriculum that meets international standards”
Our Educational Objectives:
1. To maintain a high academic standard that:
- Delivers a broad curriculum that draws from various teaching methods, with English as the language of instruction;
- Offers the students opportunities to develop lively, enquiring minds and independent thinking;
- Encourages participation in co-curricular activities;
- Provides opportunities and encouragement for the professional development of staff;
- Identifies and meets the needs of students, except when student(s) special educational needs cannot be met within the school’s resources;
- Keeps abreast of trends in education and ensures that the curriculum remains relevant and dynamic.
2. To promote positive personal values that:
- Cultivate integrity in students;
- Prepare students to become responsible, creative, self reliant and productive members of the global community;
- Encourage effective teamwork;
- Foster a lifelong love of learning.
3. To ensure understanding of and respect for diversity that:
- Provides students with opportunities to share their cultures to promote ‘understanding of each other’;
- Promotes knowledge and understanding of Ghana;
- Promotes respect for other cultures, beliefs, nationalities, gender and persons with different abilities.
4. To develop a positive educational facility that:
- Provides a nurturing, secure, clean and friendly learning environment where students can grow intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically;
- Provides sufficient resources to create and maintain a stimulating learning environment.
5. To promote understanding of and participation in global concerns that:
- Encourage students to regard the natural world as their inheritance and their responsibility;
- Recognise the need to protect and sustain the local and global environment;
- Foster a fundamental understanding of and respect for the rights and freedom of each individual in our community and the wider world in the spirit of the UN Declaration of Human Rights;
- Encourage each student’s participation in community service.
Adopted: May 2012
Revised: January, 2013
(Last Revised: January, 2015)